Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Turning Back!!

Hi, guys! WHERE DO I BEGIN? It's impossible to fill you in on my 27-year-history with food and weight all in one post, but luckily I don't have to! I'll dive in now and by the end of this journey. I promise you'll know a lot more about me. Here are the basics: I'm a single mother of an 8 year old, and well, a lot's changed in a year. I've gained about 40lbs, and have encountered some major health issues.  I have developed the first stage of cervical cancer the good news is I can reverse it with exercise and nutrition! So instead of tackling this battle privately-and unsuccessfully-like I have for the past year, I've decided its time to open up about it. No more hiding!
So you're probably wondering: How much do I weigh? When I tell you I've gained 40lbs in a year, hopefully you'll understand why I'm not quite ready to reveal that s-c-a-r-y number. Is that terrible? The thing is, my weight issues are double-dipped in the year of self humiliation and I'm still working on coming to grips with the whole "Its just a number" thing. When did I gain the weight? So long ago honestly don't remember not being overweight. By the time 2008 approached, I flat-out hated my body. Since then, I've hated myself for hating my body, eaten to relieve some of that hatred, then hated myself more. How's that for a fat trap?
As for my commitment to finally get a grip: My health is what has brought me here;
So this isn't just a resolution to trade in my size 14 skirts in for size-6 jeans (although, yes, that is part of what I'm hoping for!); its a decision to trade self-loathing in for self-loving. I think I'm beautiful :), however, I want to be HEALTHY. 
While I haven't decided my exact goal weight, I know one thing for sure: I want to walk a little taller, feel a little stronger and love my body a lot more! I know I'll need all of your support, and I hope that I can inspire you guys a little but, too!

0 comments: