Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye belly roll..

I hate Sham Sanghera. OK, no I don't. But he IS the reason I was hobbling up my work stairs Tuesday morning saying, "Ow. Ow. OK, ow. Unprintable word...OW." Sham, as you may know, is my trainer he's pretty much a genius . On the plus side, being sore like this instantly makes me feel more fit, and a little hardcore. It's like a constant reminder all day long that, yeah--I work out, baby! (Wanna arm wrestle? Hooah!)

My clothes are starting to fit me super loose, my shirts are already a half a size too small, and my waistline is trimming down ever so fast… this is amazing! You know what I'm the most excited about? My Taste buds! Yes that's right! The AWARENESS that I have learned in this short time, I can sense that my body is immensely grateful for what I've changed.  Saturday was a super busy day, after my daughters basketball game we decided to hit up the good ol smorgasbord Hometown buffet, boy was I excited! FINALLY! Food I LOVE!

I planted a huge glob of chili beans,baked chicken, fish and a salad loaded with calories. "Mmmm this is going to be AMAZING," I thought… boy was I in for a surprise, I felt like I had consumed 10 tablespoons of salt, what was happening to me? The back of my tongue felt like it had 1 tablespoon of salt just planted on the back of my tongue, and no matter how much water I drank nothing was making that feeling go away. A part of me was sad for not being able to avoid the food I love, but another part of me rejoiced because my body is making me AWARE of what it needs, what it loves, what I don't need. All in all, the knowledge Shams training has instilled in me in just a few weeks, is making me push harder and look forward to what lays ahead.If I've already made these amazing changes in just a few weeks, imagine what I'm in for! My goal is only that of what my mind,and body will allow me to achieve… finally the two are starting to balance together in harmony, I'm excited!

0 comments: